What Are Cookies
For almost any modern website to work properly, it needs to collect certain basic information on its users. To do this, a site will create small text files that are placed on a user’s computer, smartphone or other device. These cookies are designed to allow a website to recognize its users on subsequent visits, or to authorize other designated websites to recognize these users for a particular purpose.
Cookies do a lot of different jobs which make your experience of the Internet much smoother and more interactive including remembering the contents of your shopping basket and helping you navigate between pages more efficiently. They also help ensure that the advertisements that you see online are more relevant to you and your interests. Much, though not all, of the data that they collect is anonymous, though some of it is designed to detect browsing patterns and approximate geographical location to improve user experience.
Most browsers accept cookies automatically, but you can alter the settings of your browser to erase cookies or prevent automatic acceptance if you prefer. Generally, you have the option to see what cookies you’ve got and delete them individually, block third party cookies or cookies from particular sites, accept all cookies, to be notified when a cookie is issued or reject all cookies. Please see below instructions on how to delete or disable cookies
For Google Chrome:
- Select Settings
- Click Show advanced settings.
- In the "Privacy" section, click the Content settings button.
- In the "Cookies" section, you can change to your preferred setting.
For Mozilla Firefox:
- Go to "Tools", then choose "Options"
- Click on the icon "Privacy"
- Find the menu "Cookie" and select the relevant options
For Opera 6.0 and further:
- Choose the menu “Files” in the menu > “Preferences”
The Cookies We Set
Account related cookies
Login related cookies
Orders processing related cookies
Elegro offers e-commerce or payment facilities and some cookies are essential to ensure that your order is remembered between pages so that we can process it properly.
Forms related cookies
When you submit data to through a form such as those found on contact pages or comment forms cookies may be set to remember your user details for future correspondence.
Site preferences cookies
In order to provide you with a great experience on this site we provide the functionality to set your preferences for how this site runs when you use it. In order to remember your preferences, we need to set cookies so that this information can be called whenever you interact with a page is affected by your preferences.
Third Party Cookies
This site uses Google Analytics which is one of the most widespread analytics solution on the web for helping us to understand how you use the site and ways that we can improve your experience. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site and the pages that you visit so we can continue to produce engaging content. We use these cookies to generate user statistics on an anonymous basis to make our website more user-friendly. Google Analytics is a web analysis service offered by Google Inc. (Google). Google uses aggregated statistical information to provide us with an understanding of how visitors are using our websites. To protect your privacy, we have configured Google Analytics to only store part of the IP-address of visitors and not share data with others. Google is only allowed to provide this information to third parties if Google has a statutory obligation to do so or to the extent that these third parties are processing the information on Google’s behalf. Google is certified with EU-US Privacy Shield and we have also concluded a data processor agreement with Google. We use the following cookies for this purpose: _gat, _ga and _gid. These cookies are stored for the maximum period of one year. For more information please visit the official Google Analytics page. For Google Analytics cookies, you can opt-out by installing the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on.
- From time to time we test new features and make subtle changes to the way that the site is delivered. When we are still testing new features, these cookies may be used to ensure that you receive a consistent experience whilst on the site whilst ensuring we understand which optimisations our users appreciate the most.
- We also use social media buttons and/or plugins on this site that allow you to connect, upon your consent, with your social network in various ways. For these to work the following social media sites including; Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, will set cookies through our site which may be used to enhance your profile on their site or contribute to the data they hold for various purposes outlined in their respective privacy policies.
Hopefully that has clarified things for you and as was previously mentioned if there is something that you aren`t sure whether you need or not it`s usually safer to leave cookies enabled in case it does interact with one of the features you use on our site. For more information, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org